Improve Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers in Guelph, Ontario
Are you conscious of smiling heartily in front of others because of your misaligned teeth? Is a chipped tooth creating problems for you? Or do you want to get rid of the stains on your teeth? If the answer to these questions is a yes, porcelain veneers are the right option for you.
Porcelain veneers can give you a perfect smile by masking stains, hiding chips, correcting misalignment, and creating uniformity. Veneers, which are made of thin, customized material, are designed to slide over the teeth, look incredibly natural, are long-lasting, and relatively easy to apply.
Contact us at Westwood and Starwood Dental to get porcelain veneers in Guelph, Ontario.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a significant part of cosmetic dentistry. As the name suggests, they are thin shells made of porcelain bonded to the front of your natural teeth to improve your appearance. They are customized to fit your natural smile and can last for over a decade with proper dental care and hygiene.
Some benefits of getting porcelain veneers are:
- They can fix cosmetic dental problems like gaps, uneven shape, stains, and more.
- They look and feel natural.
- They boost confidence by enhancing your natural smile.
- They are low-maintenance. Simple dental care and hygiene can make them last for more than 10 years.
- They offer additional structure and support to other weaker teeth which are not decayed.
- They help avoid gum diseases that may be caused due to spaces between the teeth.
- They also offer orthodontic advantages like bite correction and restoring crooked teeth.
What Issue Does the Porcelain Veneers Procedure Solve?
The porcelain veneers procedure can solve a range of problems, including:
- Unwanted gaps and space between the teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Misaligned smile
- Cosmetic issues with the shape of the teeth
If you need help with any of these issues, visit our dental office to get porcelain veneers in Guelph, Ontario.
Types of Dental Veneers
Even though highly preferred, porcelain veneers are not the only choice of veneers available. The 3 types of veneers categorized based on the material used are:
- Porcelain: Thinner than other types, porcelain veneers are natural-looking, durable, and effective for making slight alterations to the shape, size, or colour of the teeth.
- Ceramic: Even though they take longer to be created and can leave your teeth feeling sensitive for a few days, they closely mimic your natural teeth and are highly durable.
- Composite: A cost-effective option, these veneers can be placed in just one treatment and require less tooth preparation. However, they are more likely to chip or crack than the other types.
Have questions about getting porcelain veneers in Guelph, Ontario? Connect with us. We’ll be happy to answer all your questions. You can also read our blog for more information on dental issues.
What Does a Dental Veneer Procedure Consist Of?
The procedure of getting porcelain veneers is painless and includes the following steps:
- The dentist will conduct a consultation with you to go over your unique needs and assess whether you are a good candidate for the operation.
- A little bit of your teeth’s natural enamel is removed to ensure that the veneers sit perfectly over your teeth.
- Impressions of your teeth are taken and then sent to the lab for creating the veneers.
- Temporary veneers are fitted to your teeth to help you function properly till the porcelain veneers are prepared.
- Veneers are customized after 1-2 weeks by cutting and shaping them to fit your requirements.
- Finally, they are bonded to your natural teeth to provide you with the flawless smile you’ve been waiting for!
Not sure whether you are the right candidate for the procedure? Simply reach out to us, and we will help you determine whether you are a suitable candidate.